Microsoft Excel Training
Almost everyone in business uses Microsoft Excel but most people still do many things the hard way because they don’t fully utilize this software’s powerful functions.
This means that they waste valuable time trying to fix mistakes or by doing repetitive tasks.
Our Microsoft Excel computer training classes can help.
Participants who have attended our MS Excel training programs become more productive the moment they return to work. This is because our Excel classes focus on helping you become more productive and effiecient. Plus, they include a variety of exercises that give you the opportunity to practise using the concepts which increases your proficiency when using MS Excel.
We offer three levels of computer training for MS Excel; Introduction, Intermediate and Advanced. Here is an outline of what you will learn in each level (get a PDF version here):
Level 1: Introductory Microsoft Excel Training
This level of MS Excel computer training will show you the ins and outs of formulas and how to improve your productivity right away with key shortcuts.
Working in a Spreadsheet in MS Excel
- How to edit the contents of cells
- Selecting a range to work with in your spreadsheet
- A quick and easy way to adjust your column widths
- How to copy and move data in your spreadsheet
- Working with commands
- Inserting and deleting commands
Working with Formulas in MS Excel
- The difference between basic and function formulas
- What you need to know about Absolute and Relative address
- How to expose (show) the formula in a spreadsheet
- Key Shortcuts That Will Save You Time in MS Excel
- The role of the Shift and Ctrl keys; how and when to use each of them
- The “Autos” of MS Excel
- The “Road Map” and how to use it in your spreadsheet
- Effectively using the MS Office clipboard
Printing in MS Excel (page & margin tabs)
- Using the “Fit to Page” option when printing
- How to centre your spreadsheet on the page
- Printing the formulas
Level 2: Intermediate MS Excel Training
This level of Microsoft Excel computer training will give you a deeper look at formulas and will help you learn how to work with graphs.
Working with Functions Formulas in MS Excel
- =Min & =Max
- Auto calculate
Working with Charts in MS Excel
- How to create Bar/Column and Line charts
- Creating pie charts
- How to customize and modify a chart in your spreadsheet
Working in MS Excel Worksheets
- Using the high/unhide features for columns and rows
- How to freeze panes in your spreadsheet
- Using the format painter to save time and avoid mistakes
Printing in MS Excel (header/footer & sheet tabs)
- Creating custom headers and footers
- How to use the “repeat row” and “column heading” feature when printing
- Printing gridlines and borders on your spreadsheet
Level 3: Advanced MS Excel Training
This level of Microsoft Excel computer training focuses on helping you increase your productivity so you can become more efficient.
Advanced Workbook Functions in MS Excel
- Reduce your work by creating and using templates
- How to link worksheets together
- Linking workbooks
- How to work with grouped sheets
- Protect your work with worksheet protection
Using Database Functions in MS Excel
- Various methods of sorting data
- How to use auto filter
- Using the “subtotal report” function
- Working with pivot tables
Introduction to Macros in MS Excel
- What is a macro?
- How and when to create a macro
- Using macros in everyday situations
- How to add your macro to your toolbar
Creating Forms in MS Excel
- Data validation forms
- Create a pick list
To book your computer training class or discuss MS Excel training with us, contact Louise Robertson or 905-633-7750.